On Superbowl Sunday, everyone watching the game with me decided to make a cauliflower dish. I switched gears (choosing this recipe: delicious and highly recommended!), leaving myself a cauliflower to play with at home.
This cream of cauliflower soup recipe is flexible and can certainly be adjusted depending on what you have on hand. It came out rich, creamy, and delicious tasting – perfect for a cold wintery night!
Cream of Cauliflower Soup
1 head of cauliflower, roughly chopped
4 large cloves of garlic, chopped
1 quart chicken broth
1 teaspoon rosemary
1 teaspoon sage
1/4 teaspoon cayenne
1 cup whole milk
3 tablespoons lemon juice
2 tablespoons butter (or your preferred fat)
2 tablespoons miso
black pepper to taste
1) Bring cauliflower, garlic, butter, rosemary, sage, cayenne and broth to a boil and simmer for 20 minutes.
2) Once cauliflower is soft, turn off the heat.
3) Spoon some broth into a small bowl and stir in the miso until you have a liquidy paste. Set aside.
4) Add milk and stir. Add lemon juice. Use immersion blender to puree the contents of your pot. Add more milk if you want it to be less thick.
5) Stir in miso and season to taste.
6) Garnish with chopped celery or parsley.